Thu, Mar 10|
Food Pantry Drive
The Humanitarian Committee is hosting our Spring Food Drive! Your donations will go to the UNLV Food Pantry which serves our students, faculty, staff and greater Las Vegas community. Members can earn up to 5 humanitarian hours with this donation drive.
Time & Location
Mar 10, 2022, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM PST
Lied Library, 4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89154, USA
About the event
The Humanitarian Committee is hosting our Spring Food Drive!! Your donations will go to the UNLV Food Pantry which serves our students, faculty, staff and greater Las Vegas community. You can earn humanitarian hours by donating any of the items from the list below. Members can earn up to 5 humanitarian hours with this donation drive. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Determine which item(s) you want to donate from the list.
- Contact an Officer to schedule a pick up based on their available times. (Please email us a day in advance!)
Here is a comprehensive list of donatable items.
- Various Pasta or Rice: 4lb = 1 hour
- Cereal: 2 boxes = 1 hours
- Jams/Jelly: 2 (bottles/jars) = 1 hour
- Broth or Stock:1 carton = 1 hour 2 cans = 1 hour Canned Chickpeas and white beans: 2 of 15oz = 1 hour
- Canned fruit: 30oz (i.e. 2 of 15oz cans or 3 of 10oz cans) = 1 hour
- Shelf-stable milk (i.e. evaporated or drinkable ones that don’t require refrigeration):6 pack/ 8fl oz boxes = 1.5 hours Evaporated: 2 cans/ 12lf oz = 1 hour
This drive will last between February 18 to March 11.
If you have any questions about the drive or donation items, please reach out to the Henry (email@example.com) and/or Humanitarian Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you and have a great day!
Stay cool and well,
Nguyen Tran (Henry): email@example.com